Sunday, April 6, 2014

General Conference Weekend

     Oh my goodness, I absolutely loved General Conference!!! I enjoyed so many of the talks (if not all) but the one that hit me the hardest was the very last talk given by our dear Prophet Thomas S. Monson.  He not only spoke of God, but helped me feel as though He is very close to me.  That He not only hears my prayers but also can reach forth His hand and hold mine and help me through everything in a very real and physical way.  I loved how the Prophet said, "we face many serious challenges in the world today, but I assure you that Heavenly Father is mindful of us, He will guide and bless us as we put our trust and faith in Him, and will see us through whatever difficulties may come our way.  ..He is indeed our Father and He is personal and real, may we realize how close to us He is willing to come, how far he is willing to go to help us and how much He loves us."
     These words were such a comfort to me and I am so so grateful that we have a living Prophet on the earth today.  I am also thankful to be a part of the Savior's church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I hope that I can live up to the callings I have been given because of the blessings which I have been given being a part of His church.  I invite you to watch conference by going to lds.org.

     During conference I thought it would be fun for Sage and I to craft while listening.  She loved it and it kept her busy the whole 2 hours of the Saturday morning session.  I think I am going to make this a new tradition because it was so much fun to do this family activity while listening to the Prophet, Apostles, and great leaders in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (I thought it would be good to include the whole name after Elder Ballard's wonderful talk, p.s. I loved the story about the "follow-up" with his wife.)


I was helping Sage put glitter on the bunny's bow and it made me happy how cute it turned out.

Sage decided Weston needed an apron on while he was cooking so I helped him out getting one on.
Here are our finished products!  A bunny, SPRING, and a little basket with an egg in it.  I really enjoyed crafting this weekend.


During another Session we made orange rolls!  They were super yummy (to make this treat seem not as bad, we started out by eating freshly steamed asparagus).  Thank you six sisters. Sage helped me roll the dough into a string so I could tie it in a knot and then she dipped it in the melted butter.  Another fun activity we enjoyed while listening to conference.  




Love, Becky joy

No comments:

Post a Comment