Monday, May 5, 2014

Our Moab Adventure!

     For our 5 year anniversary, we decided to do something a little bit bigger than our usual go out to breakfast then husband leaving immediately after to go to work tradition.  So this year we decided to spend a weekend in Moab camping, river rafting, and hiking!  It was just the two of us and I loved every minute of it!

When we first arrived we went to our campsite (which by the way was not at all what I imagined, we were pretty much stacked in right next to many campsites) we pulled out the tent we borrowed from Weston's parents only to discover we had no poles, lol!   I am pretty thankful for Facebook right now because I posted about our no pole tent on FB and immediately got a response from a former roommate of mine from  College who let us borrow her tent for the 2 nights.  Such a lifesaver from death by cotton and caterpillars (and our close knit campers staring at us).   Thank you Amberlee!
After our wonderful tent mishap, we spent the rest of the day hiking! 

My favorite place we hiked was probably the Delicate Arch.  I know that is kind of cliche and unoriginal to say but it was so peaceful there even though we weren't alone.  I couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful the sky and mountains looked behind the arch and how God is an artist.  Our world is so beautiful.  


On Saturday we went River Rafting!  Which by the way, the man in the front of our boat (the one not rowing) is from ABC news and we are going to be on the news Tuesday!  So make sure to watch because I will making a celebrity appearance.  Please no autographs at this time. ;)


While we were River Rafting, Sage was having a great time with my family as well!

This was such a fun trip and I recommend it to anyone.  It was so good for Weston and I to have some time alone!  I love him so much and I am excited for all the adventures that we will continue together for millions and millions of years to come. 

Love,
Becky joy
P.S. I think it is so cute how Weston loves to take pictures.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment