Wednesday, March 26, 2014

He is Risen

    Today as I was scraping the dried cornflakes off the kitchen floor I started to think about the Atonement.  What really led to the thought was an Easter sign I saw today from http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2014/03/10-free-easter-printables.html
that had a bunch of cute sayings on it, one of them being, "He Has Risen".  I turned on the Mormon tabernacle version of the song "He is Risen" and Sage and I started singing a long to it, her version being, "He is prison, he is prison..."

     I started to think about how truly wonderful it is that He died for us and then rose again.  Death in not the end, thank goodness!  I also started to think about what that meant for my life, me personally.  It means that I will get to be with my loved ones after I die, it means that "though your (me and the ones I love) sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow..." Isaiah 1:18, and I have a purpose and potential.  Without the atonement none of those things would be possible.  
     I am feeling so thankful today for the wonderful gifts and blessings I have been given and I have yet to receive. All because of the power that comes when someone decides, "nevertheless, not my will, but thine, be done." Jesus Christ in Luke 22:42  

Love, Becky joy

No comments:

Post a Comment