Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I don't know all the answers but I do know the blessings.

       Today my Dad came and picked me up so I could visit my good ol' hometown of Ferron, Ut.  On the way home my Dad asked me to drive so he could rest.  While driving, I was struggling to keep my eyes open as well, and I decided to sing the song, "Called to Serve" to myself.  
     Even though I have probably sang the song hundreds of times, this time a line of the song stuck out to me, "called to know the richness of His blessings".   It made me think of my little brother who is currently serving a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and how sometimes he struggles to answer questions from people found from anti-mormon literature and I realized he was not called because he has all the answers, he was called because he was sent down to this earth to "know the richness of His blessings" that come from being raised as a Latter Day Saint in the restored Church of Jesus Christ, and the Lord wants this knowledge of these blessings spread to the world.
    I do not know all the answers but I do know that the Book of Mormon has changed my life.  I don't believe in the church because of something someone told me, I believe in the church because of the happiness I get when I do the things that are taught are in the Book of Mormon and the peace I feel when I read the words.  It has been a huge blessing in my life to have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion who not only brings me answers but has brought peace to my soul.  I have seen miracles because the priesthood was in my home.  Covenants I have made are saving my marriage and therefore saving my family from being destroyed.
      I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the same church that existed when Christ first established His church on the earth.   I may not know all the answers that come with being a part of His church, but I do know the blessings.

Love,
    Becky joy

No comments:

Post a Comment