Tuesday, June 17, 2014

God loves all people but not all ideas.

     God loves all people but not all ideas... and to tell you the truth, I stand by God on this one.  My topic today is homosexual behavior.  You can find a scripture reference here to see where God declares His law.
      I know this is a heated topic lately and a lot of people will disagree with me when I declare my opinion, quoting Neil L. Anderson, an apostle of Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints when he said,  "While many governments and well-meaning individuals have redefined marriage, the Lord has not. In the very beginning, God initiated marriage between a man and a woman—Adam and Eve. He designated the purposes of marriage to go far beyond the personal satisfaction and fulfillment of adults to, more importantly, advancing the ideal setting for children to be born, reared, and nurtured. Families are the treasure of heaven." 
    A big part of me hasn't wanted to blog on this topic because of how many disagreeing opinions are out there and I really didn't want to start a debate (and I will not debate on this topic, sorry, like I said I stand by God on this one not people)  but I have decided to share because I feel so so so strongly on this topic.  I am not pointing fingers or trying to judge any person, all I am trying to say is that I know it is wrong when it is acted upon and unfortunately it will affect our society in a negative way if people continue to choose to act out homo-sexually.
     I mostly wanted to talk about though how a person can overcome the whirlwinds and temptations of this trial.  I know God would not ask that marriage was between a man and woman if this was impossible for every person (whether in this life or the next depending on our own situation).  Why would He do that?? Well he wouldn't.  In fact we are each born with weaknesses that go against His laws, but He has also given us knowledge through scriptures, Prophets, Apostles, etc...of how He can help us overcome our weakness and fulfill all His laws which are really just keys to happiness.
     In the Book of Mormon (you can request a free copy here) something has always stuck out to me in the scripture found in Ether 12:27 where it says, " 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."        Notice that I highlighted the word weakness.  It is interesting to me that He says weakness instead of weaknesses.  Meaning there is really only one weakness.  What is that weakness though?  If you continue reading God declares He gave us this weakness because He knew we would need His grace and to continue to get to know Him even though we can't remember Him.  The weakness we all share is that we all need the saving atonement of Jesus Christ.  We all need God.
      What does God do for us through our trials and temptations?  I love how it's put in Helaman 5:12 (also found in the Book of Mormon), " 12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." 
     When we come unto Christ and build our lives around Him, trying our very hardest to obey him even though it will be hard, His grace will kick in and save us from the whirlwinds of Satan.  I know this is true, I have seen it work in my life over coming temptation and it can be for you whether your struggles be addiction, homo-sexuality, patience or whatever it is, He can help you get out of it and save you.
 
 I invite you, to set aside the natural man inside of you and come unto Christ.  He only loves us and wants us to be free from those things that chain us to Satan and cause unhappiness.  I know this is true.

Love,
   Becky joy

 
   
   

       

No comments:

Post a Comment