Friday, October 31, 2014

October!!!

  This month has been a crazy one!  I had a baby, celebrated my daughter's 3rd birthday, family came and went, and of course Halloween!

     Last Monday for Family Home Evening we carved pumpkins.  I love Weston soooo much and seeing him as a Daddy makes me love him even more.  I called him while he was at work to see if there was anything he would like to print out to help him carve pumpkins and he brought home an Ariel printout so he could carve Sage an Ariel pumpkin.  How cute is that?  Plus Weston is super talented with carving, seriously I never knew real people (real people:  people who don't work for a magazine)  actually carved things more than faces on pumpkins.
Just in case you were wondering who carved the beautiful masterpiece ghost, that was me.  Yes I come to learn that I am a natural when it comes to this carving business.  


Weston's Eeyore pumpkin from Halloween 2010.  He drew the picture himself and then carved it.  Seriously amazing.

Tonight for Halloween, Sage and I dressed up as Angels while Weston and Reuben were Devils. I was telling my friend Audrey about all the different things I was planning for us to dress up as and she stopped me and told me that my family needed to do a theme.  I am glad she did because it was so fun to do that.

 

I had to make this cute little sign because apparently this time of year you can only find red onesies that have red and green sayings on them about some guy named Santa.



Reuben ended up sleeping through the whole trick or treating process.  I think this little devil is trying to convert to Angel but don't tell Weston.

Silly girl!
Love him even with the horns.
Tonight when we got back, Sage and I made Mummy Dogs and ate LOTS of candy.
She kept calling them "Mommy dogs" and then asked, "when are we going to make baby dogs?"
We also celebrated my Sagie girls 3rd birthday!  I can't believe it has been 3 years since she was born.  It seriously seems like yesterday.  Time moves too fast.  I just love her so much and I am so thankful to be her Momma.  She has been there for me during hard times, she is seriously the only thing that got me through and brought me a smile during them.  She is so protective of me and she makes me forget about my problems (even if she is the one who caused them) in seconds.  I love her with my whole heart.  
She is helping me make her pink cake with pink frosting, pink pearls, pink candles, and pink writing.  She had to have pink everything.

I have to say I am quite proud of myself.  This is a huge leap from what her cake looked like last year.  This year I made the cakes way in advance before frosting.

She got super excited just like this about every single present she opened.  It was so fun for me to see her light up like that.

I got her a Doctor kit because at all of my midwife appointments she loved helping my Midwife listen to the baby's heartbeat.  She kept saying, "it sounds just like a drum".  Love her.
Love,
   Becky joy

No comments:

Post a Comment